Designers: Franco Albini and Franca Helg
Franco Albini (1905–1977) and Franca Helg (1929–1989) began to work together in 1952. This practice, later on was joined by the architects Antonio Piva and Marco Albini, is concerned about architecture, townplanning and design. In 1952 they were responsible for the restoration of the S. Lorenzo, Palazzo Bianco and Rosso Museums, the city council offices and the residential and office complex of Piccapietra in Genoa. From 1957 they designed La Rinascente store in Rome, five residential blocks in Milan and the thermal baths at Salsomaggiore. In 1962 they designed the fittings for the first line (and later for the second one) of the Milan metro system. In 1973, with other office’s members, they designed the third building for the Snam offices at San Donato Milanese. They collaborated with San Lorenzo since 1970.
Since 1970 the history of manufacturing silver objects has been renewed by San Lorenzo. The company integrates the traditional skills of the silversmith with technology borrowed from applications outside its world and introduces an unusual way of looking at silver: that of the architects-designers who are asked to create silver objects, giving preference to the nature of the material but recalling formal conventions.
Prices and more information on demand. Please contact Royal Eclaireur.